The Student Activities Budget Advisory Committee (SABAC) will serve as an advisory group to the university administration concerning the allocation of student activities funds. This committee can also serve as an advisory body regarding the processes and protocols related to the registration and management of student organizations. The committee is directly advisory to the Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA), and works collaboratively with the Student Government Association (SGA) and the Office of the Dean of Students. Hearings are held on Wednesday afternoon during Fall and Spring semesters and are open to the public. You are welcome to attend.
SABAC's membership includes the following 10 voting members:
- Chair: An Assistant Dean of Students appointed by the Dean of Students (votes only in the event of a tie)
- Vice Chair: Student Government Association Treasurer (or designee from treasurer's committee)
- Five Additional Students appointed by the SGA President representing diverse constituencies that are reflective of the student body
- One Faculty Representative selected from among the advisors and appointed by the Provost (or designee)
- One Staff Representative selected from among the advisors and appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs (or designee)
- One Staff/Administrator Representative appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs (or designee)
The following will serve SABAC in a non-voting advisory capacity:
- Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA)
- Dean of Students (DOS)
- One designated Business Manager from the Division of Student Affairs
- One designated representative from the Department of Student Activities
- SABAC Secretary (Secretary to the Dean of Students or designee)
Six of the ten voting members are students, and of the four voting staff members the Chair can only vote in the event of a tie. This composition exceeds the policy requirement from the Board of Regents.
SABAC Annual Budget Request-FY21 Submission (deadline March 27, 2020 @noon)
SABAC will have four information sessions to answer questions for RSO leaders and advisors. Please see below for a session that works best for you or click here for a copy of the presentation.